Generator fume kills 4 family members in kwara

154
Spread the love

By Correspondent in Ilorin

Tragedy has struck in Sanmora town in Irepodun Local Governnent Area of Kwara State, as four members of the same family were killed by fume from a generating set.

The Reporters Correspondent in Ilorin reports that the incident which happened on Wednesday, involved a man, his two wives and a child.

According to a family source, the victims had slept on Tuesday night, leaving their generating set on inside the house.

” We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning; the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.

” Two of the family members who were unconscious have been rushed to the hospital. Although they are both in critical conditions, it is our prayer that they will survive” the source added.

ALSO READ:  Agony of mother of suicide child. A must watch by parents (copied)

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) for the Police Command in the state,SP Okasanmi Ajayi confirmed the incident.

Experts in energy and gas resources warn that using generator, indoors, can kill human being in minutes.

According to them, generator exhaust contains high levels of carbon monoxide (CO), an unseen but smelt poisonous gas being emitted generator to the air when generator is on, stressing the breathing of such substance is highly dangerous to public health.

They, therefore, advise people to use an extension cord that is more than 20 feet long to keep the generator at a safe distance, as well as make use of a battery-powered or battery backup CO detector in the home to avert disaster, among other preventing measures.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Now ButtonCall Us Now!