Katsina state records first suspected CONVID-19 case- Official

Spread the love

Katsina

Katsina state says it has recorded first suspected case of Coronavirus 2019(COVID 19) since the global pandemic disease erupted in Wuhan, China early December 2019.

The Permanent Secretary of the State’s Ministry of Health, Dr Kabir Mustapha, told journalists on Wednesday in Katsina, during a news briefing.

Mustapha said that the patient, who had been isolated, returned from Malaysia and developed symptoms that warranted further investigations.

He also told the newsmen that the patient’s samples had been taken and results expected by tomorrow while contact-tracing would commence as soon the test results are out.

‘’The ministry is taking all precautionary measures and closely working with the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on the matter,”he assured.

Mustapha said the patient’s history of travel was a high index, adding that the symptoms reported at the clinic prompted actions.

The permanent secretary said that since his arrival in the state, the patient was taken into personal protection by using face mark and self isolation.

He advised people of the host community of Dutsinma town to be cautious of movements and gatherings.

The permanent secretary assured them to feel free to seek medical attention, promising that all precautionary measures had been put in place to provide medical support for them.

Duaglobalnews reports that the pandemic disease has touched over countries, recorded almost 200,000 cases with over 60,000 deaths.

It has also toll on the global economy, leading to a drastic fall in the the prices of oil at the international market.

This frightening development is forcing some state governments in the country contemplating taking a second look at their budgets for this year, particularly in the area of capital projects, among other measures.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *